Collection of your personal data
We collect data about you from a variety of sources, including data which we collect from you directly.
During your use of our Changi Recommends website (the “Portal”) or when you communicate with us, we may collect details about you such as your name, address, shopping preferences, payment details etc.
We may also monitor your usage of the Portal. This may include monitoring how many times you visit, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of a user’s internet service provider. This data will be aggregated, so that we will not be able to identify you individually.
When you use the Portal, we may collect information about your computer, such as your IP address and/or browser, which we will use for administration purposes and statistical analysis. Likewise, this information will not usually identify you personally.
We may also use “cookies” – which are small files stored on a user’s computer. Cookies hold a small amount of information specific to you, and remember your specific activities on the Portal.
Links to third party websites
How we use your personal data
We use your data to provide, as well as to improve the Portal services.
We may use your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
- to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us
- statistical analysis
- customer profiling and analyzing your purchasing preferences
- marketing - for us and/or our business partners to contact you by mail, telephone, SMS, text/picture/video message, fax and email about products, services, promotions and special offers
- fraud prevention and detection
- billing and order fulfillment
- customizing this Portal and its content to your particular preferences
- to notify you of any changes to this Portal or our services which may affect you
- security vetting
- improving our services
- to administer contest, sweepstakes or other similar promotions
- such other purpose as may be given to you at the time your data is collected
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies within our group
- our agents and service providers
- credit reference agents
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
- our business partners
- any relevant party in order to meet the requirements of any applicable laws/regulations, enforceable governmental request or court order
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by password and username which are unique to you
- we store your personal data on secured servers in hashed data format
- payment details are encrypted via DBS hosted payment gateway page
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet/ this Portal is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via this Portal.
How to contact us
We welcome your feedback and any questions that you may have.
In particular, you may contact us to request that we provide you with access to, or to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data. You may also opt out of any of the terms of this Policy.
If you wish to contact us, you can send us an email at: [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Alternatively, you can write to us at: [email@example.com]