1. GENERAL INFORMATION
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
CTS may collect personal data about you from a variety of sources, including from your various transactions with us or from your use of our websites.
Personal data we collect about you could include your name, date of birth, passport or NRIC no., address, contact telephone numbers and email address.
We may also use “Cookies” (small files stored on your computer). Cookies hold a small amount of information specific to you, and remember your specific activities on the website.
4. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We cannot control or be responsible for the policies of other sites we may link to, or the use of any personal data you may share with them.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use your personal data for more than one of the following:
· To help us identify you and any accounts you may hold with us.
· Statistical analysis
· Customer (User) profiling and analysing your consumption preferences
o For us and (or) our business partners to contact you by mail, telephone, SMS, text or image or video message, email about products, services and promotions and exclusive offers
· Fraud prevention and detection
· Billing and order fulfilment
· Customising the website and its content to your preferences
· To notify you on the changes to the website or our services which may affect you
· Security vetting
· Improving our services
· To administer contest, sweepstakes or other similar promotions. For customers who purchase our various insurance services, we also use your personal data for the daily operation of the insurance services provided to you including but not limited to
o processing and evaluating your applications;
o administering and providing services in relation to the insurance products;
o investigating and processing claims;
o invoicing and collecting premiums; and
o contacting you for any of the above purposes;
o ensuring your ongoing credit worthiness;
o researching, designing, launching, banking, financial, insurance services or related products for your use and monitoring the provision, operation and use of such services or products;
o the enforcement of your obligations, including without limitation collection of amounts outstanding from you;
o to comply with any laws, rules, regulations, lawful and binding determination, guidelines or guidance, decision or direction of a regulator, or in cooperation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country);
o complying with any obligations, requirements, policies, procedures, measures or arrangements for sharing data and information within the Hong Leong Group and/or any other use of data and information in accordance with any group-wide programs for compliance with sanctions or prevention or detection of money laundering, terrorist financing or other unlawful activities.
· To provide your updated personal data to our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
· To process and respond to any complaint made by you.
We may disclose your personal data to our agents, marketing partners, business partners, authorised service providers, law enforcement agencies, any entities in our group and/or any relevant party for the following reasons:
· to complete your reservations, online purchases or other relevant transactions including insurance related purchases, or to deal with any administrative matters in relation to these.
· to complete the performance of services on our behalf, such as web-hosting, data analysis, marketing, research and to otherwise provide you with customer service.
· to make any disclosure as required by any applicable law, order of court or requests by any governmental authority.
7. KEEPING YOUR DATA SECURE
We will use technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data, for example:
Data is stored on a secured server which support connection security with firewall rules and connection encryption.
Data in hard copy forms are stored in locked facilities and destroyed when no longer needed.
8. HOW TO CONTACT US
We welcome any feedback and any questions that you may have.
If you wish to contact us, you can send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated as of October 2017