Need Oversea Connections, Try Changi Recommends
Our resort at Holiday Inn Phuket Mai Khao (day 1 post) was on a secluded stretch of beach. On our 2nd day,
we went islands hopping around Phi Phi island. Both locations are relatively remote, but we were still able to
share our fun experiences online on Facebook and Instagram.
Thanks to Changi Recommends' roaming "Traveller Sim", we were still "Online" even when we are on a remote island
40 minutes away from mainland Phuket.
"AIS Traveller Sim" (Thailand partner telco) costs only $13 and offers 7 Days unlimited data!
Setting up our Traveller Sim card is easy, instructions are straightforward, even my older boys can do it.
1. Set up a new APN. Just in case, screenshot your original telco APN.
2. In Thailand, follow the local number to dial and activate the 3G connection.
3. Turn on Mobile Data, and you are ONLINE! 3 simple steps.
Do pop by Changi Recommends website to identify the booths nearer to your departure/arrival gate.
Changi Recommends booths are opened 24 hours!
Do remember to reserve the SIM cards or other services (eg wifi router) earlier as these devices are
always fully booked for school holidays.
Do check out Changi Recommends' Hong Kong, Seoul and other destination packages. Besides the Traveller SIM cards,
their Wifi Routers are very popular too (rental from $10 per day onwards, depending on destinations).
Yes, we now have the freedom to share our Holiday activities!
Authentic Thai Food!
Can you hear the Jet engines flying overhead?
Preparing our own lunch ! So much Fun.
The cool lap pool accessible to those who got a deluxe room (first floor).
Some other advantages of Traveller Sim (and other roaming services):
- no need to scan desperately for free wireless Hotspots next time
- have ease of mind, knowing that you can be contacted (social media addicts would be happy)
- package includes unlimited 7 days internet with free 1.5Gb High Speed Usage, and 60 Mins talk time
- no more worrying about hefty unforeseen â€œoversea roamingâ€ bills!
- save time from trying to compare/buy 3G mobile plans from overseas shops
- reasonable price, pickup sim card anytime at one of the Changi Airport terminals
* do reserve your Traveller Sim card earlier as they are always fully booked before the holidays.
Thank you Changi Recommends for the Traveller SIM card, we would not hesitate to use your oversea roaming services
again when we next go travelling.
Get the latest updates and promotions from Changi Recommends:
- Facebook and reviews
*disclaimer* It is a family holiday, a time to bond and relax with the spouse and children. Try not to spend too much time updating your status